My tech toolbox and other recommended resources
Adding the right tool to your workflow can save you a lot of time and make your life and work much easier. But there are so many tools available out there which can make the choice overwhelming and time consuming.
I hope this list can help you save some time on your own research. Every single product or service was chosen independently, based on my personal preference and experience. I will continuously add and change this page so feel free to bookmark the page as a reference for your own business toolbox.
Disclaimer: Many links on this page are affiliate links. If you use a link and make a purchase, I will earn a small commission which will not result in a higher price for you. Thank you for your support. You can read my affiliate disclaimer here.
- Acronis True Image – ATI has been my trusted backup suite for several years. You get traditional automated backup, disk imaging, cloning and much more. Recently Acronis even added ransomware protection to their next generation flagship product.
TIP! ► Black Friday has started at Acronis. Up to 50% savings on Acronis True Image 2018!
- Norton Internet Security – Perhaps the best known brand when it comes to internet security. After testing different paid and free solutions, I have stopped my search and I have left my online safety and firewall to Norton.
- Acronis True Image – Ransomware protection was recently added to the latest release of Acronis True Image Next Generation.
- MindMeister – Mindmapping, intuitive planning and project manegement with “MasterTask”.
Website Tools (WordPress)
- CSS Hero – One of my most important tools! The CSS Hero plugin enables you to change the look of your website by using an intuitive slider and multiple choice based interface. You can make advanced CSS changes without having to write a single line of code yourself.
- Duplicator – Scheduled website backup and website migration. The Pro edition is a paid version, but Duplicator is also available as a free, yet somewhat reduced plugin.
- UpdraftPlus – Another extremely easy to use 1-click WordPress backup plugin. This plugin is also available in a paid and a free edition.
- WP-Engine – Premium managed WordPress hosting. I moved Office Orbiter to WP Engine because I wanted more speed, security and special WordPress dedication and insight. However, I most of all chose WP-Engine because I wanted to remove myself from the technical maintenance of my site.
- Bluehost – Choosing a webhosting provider is a dense information jungle where you can easily lose your way. Bluehost will serve you well for home office scale operations and upwards. They offer a wide range of hosting products and price categories for anything from hobby websites to enterprises.
Premium WordPress Themes
- Elegant Themes – When looking for a premium WordPress theme there is no way around checking out Elegant Themes. Their Divi website builder enables you to create a professional looking website without coding skills. You get premium support and a huge user base and community.
- StudioPress – Based on the Genesis framework, StudioPress offers a large selection of WordPress themes to match most needs.
- SEO Powersuite – Until recently, was using several different SEO tools. With the SEO Powersuite from Link-Assistant, I was able to stop looking for SEO tools and concentrate on creating content for this site.
- Adobe Creative Cloud – Adobe has a huge collection of high end products which so extensive, it is almost impossible to describe in short form. Almost every application is a marked leader in its own field, but the most prominent products are of course; Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro, and Premiere Pro.
- ACDSee – My image viewer of choice which also offers a myriad of tools for image processing. They offer a vast selection of packages and versions.
- Shutterstock – One of my favorite stock image providers. I often try free resources first but I almost always end up finding the images that I need with Shutterstock.
- Techsmith Camtasia – High end screen capture software. Used to record what you see on your monitor in real time. Camtasia is perfect for creating instructional video material and educational products.
- Premiere Pro – Professional grade video editing from Adobe.
- Audition – Professional grade audio editing from Adobe.